WELCOME TO THE MPC COMMUNITY!
If the My Peak Challenge global community could be considered to have a home, it would be our MPC members-only Facebook group. Membership in the Facebook group is voluntary and is not required to participate in the MPC program, but many Peakers report that their success in the program is directly related to the accountability, motivation and support they receive from fellow Peakers in the group.
It’s a space where we want you to feel safe sharing any worries and concerns or any other obstacles that might be standing in the way of achieving your challenges with a community of people who are likely to hear you, understand you, and provide you some words of comfort or continued motivation.
Unlike other health and fitness groups, the MPC group is intended to be a community space. That means we welcome posts on a wide variety of topics. Of course we want to know how you’re doing with the various pillars of the MPC program, but we also want Peakers to share where they’re from; what their day was like; details about a recent success or about struggles they might be having at work, at home, to get to the gym, to remember to eat lunch. Sharing these details deepens connection and reinforces the bonds of community.
To maintain the warm embrace and kind tenor of the group, we ask that you please read through the following group rules before requesting to join via the link below.
OFFICIAL MY PEAK CHALLENGE MEMBERS GROUP RULES
- Be kind. This is a safe space for expressing thoughts, dreams, fears, struggles, and successes. We expect members to encourage and embrace their fellow Peakers. Bullying; shaming; and rude, hurtfully critical and/or dismissive posts or comments are not allowed. Nor are posts that aim to divide Peakers or to critique MPC, its principals, the program or other Peakers.
- Be respectful. This means to each other, certainly, but also when posting about yourself and your body. MPC promotes self-acceptance, and that’s hard to achieve when you bring yourself (or others) down. Similarly, posts that contain “gym fail” memes or jokes about diet and weight loss or other similarly negative expressions of the path to fitness and wellness will be removed.
- Be mindful. MPC is a global community, so please be sensitive to the potential for cultural differences and remember that for many Peakers, English is a second or third language. Practice empathy. This is a family group; excessive offensive language or innuendo is not allowed. Please refrain from posting potentially disturbing or graphic photos in your posts; consider posting them in the comments on your post and giving a content warning.
- Be understanding. To enforce these rules and keep the group safe for all members, we occasionally have to close comments or remove posts. Re-posting closed or deleted posts is prohibited. Repeated infractions will result in removal from the group. If you have questions about why a post was closed or removed, please contact our admin via the email address below.
- Don’t exploit our community. Please do not sell items; offer or solicit professional services; solicit requests for purchases, donations, signatures, gifts, clicks or votes for charitable causes not affiliated with MPC, contests, or any other entities; or exchange any personal information in the group. Please do not post references to any outside fundraising efforts not affiliated with MPC, even if they’re part of your challenge. Under no circumstances is the group to be used for any type of sales, recruitment, list-building, marketing or data-collection for outside groups or companies.
- Don’t share posts (including elements of posts: quotes, videos, photos or other media) outside of this group. Remember that this group is founded on mutual trust, and the information others share within this group is sensitive. Respect their privacy and trust in you by not sharing details of that information outside of this group. While we can’t enforce these rules anywhere but here, please don’t share details about other members or shame/bully or mock MPC members in other forums. Finally, please do not share anything within the group that you do not have permission to share.
- Don’t divide. We are here to celebrate our community and all that unites us. Politics, religion and other potentially divisive topics aren’t appropriate here.
- Don’t overwhelm the group. Consider not sharing popular memes that have been shared multiple times before. Rather than creating “chain” posts that ask members to copy and paste the contents into a new post, invite members to give their take via comments on a single post. And remember: There are lots of other forums for lengthy conversations about your favorite TV show or book series, but only this one official space where you can talk about your progress with MPC.
- Use @ to tag coaches, rather than #. Coaches use a hashtag with their name (#valbo, #elizabeth, #coachmooney, #alex, #jordana, etc.) to designate their posts and allow them to be searchable. Any posts that use these hashtags and are not authored by one of the coaches will be deleted. Please note that any hashtags that start with those words will also be brought up in a search, which means that #valbod, for example, or #jordanarules, are also off-limits.
And a few notes:
As a reminder of our Terms and Conditions, we applaud your dedication to the program, but please be sure to consult a physician before beginning. Your health is a top priority for us, so please ensure that you’re able to start a new fitness and nutrition program.
Before asking a question, consider clicking the magnifying glass image at the top of the group and typing some keywords into the “Search This Group” bar. Chances are it has been asked and answered.
All decisions regarding this group, its members and membership and adherence to our Group Rules are at MPC’s sole discretion and are final. By joining, you indemnify us from and against any and all liability relating to your use of the group and relationships with its members. We reserve the right to revise these rules as needed to adapt to evolving and/or unforeseen issues or conflicts of interest with our collective goal of personal improvement and empowerment. MPC and its admins are not responsible for posts being shared outside the group.
Our admin team does not respond to DMs and can be reached at: email@example.com
The Official My Peak Challenge Members Group is not meant for asking customer-service requests or to air complaints. Any questions about the program, including comments, concerns, and suggestions, should be directed to: https://mypeakchallenge.com/pages/contact